Below are some approximate guidelines
that can help show you how long wedding events usually take!
Getting Ready for the Bride - Total Time is 60-90 minutes:
• Hair & Makeup: Ask your stylist for their approximation of how long your wedding party will take for their hair and makeup. Then add on an extra 30 minutes to their estimations (this is padding time so that your morning isn’t rushed and you don’t feel like you are running late to the ceremony).
• Bride typically goes last for hair and makeup.
• Once bride is approx. 30 minutes away from completion, your photographer will arrive on the scene. We will photograph all of your details (jewelry, hanging dress, invitation, bouquets, etc.) This stage takes about 20 minutes.
• Once detail shots are accomplished, we will start photographing the bride in her finishing stages, as well as the camaraderie of the bridesmaids. **NOTE: At this time, the bridesmaids should start getting dressed. Mother of the bride should already be dressed at this point.
• 20 minutes before departure for the ceremony (or your First Look), the bride puts on her dress. This location should be in a room filled with windows and enough space for your bridesmaids to be gathered around you for some gorgeous pictures.
• Confirm that you and bridesmaids have all needed essentials for the entire day: wedding license, tissues, makeup touchups, flat shoes if originally wearing heels to ceremony, backup hair pins, and glass vases filled with 1 inch of water for your bouquets.
• Depart for Ceremony or First Look
• Finishing Notes:
⁃ Photographer should first arrive to girl’s location 1 hour before the bride putting on her dress.
⁃ Florist should have bouquets delivered around the same time
⁃ Bridesmaids should be completely dressed 45 minutes before departure to Ceremony or First Look
⁃ MOB should be completed dressed by photographer arrival